I got a comment from GunDiva over at Tales From The Trail (among her many other blogging world presences) that she'd bestowed upon me the Leibster Blog award.
I do believe that this is actually the second time she has given me this award, but it’s entirely possible that I didn’t get around to accepting the first one since it's not in my sidebar. Regardless, I appreciate the recognition and will dutifully play along.As with all blog awards, there are rules:
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Okay, let’s run these down now.
1. Thank you, GunDiva.
2. 11 Random Facts About Me
· I have a pilot’s license, but I am not “current”.
· I drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima with 336,000 miles on it because I hate car payments and I am now genuinely intrigued to see how long it will last before dying completely.
· I don’t like politicians.
· I learned to fly at the same time I learned to drive.
· I drink milk when I eat spaghetti or chili. Don’t ask me why. I have no idea.
· I was an art major at one time.
· Between high school and college, I had six years of German language classes.
· I have never been to Germany.
· Macaroni and cheese is my favorite comfort food.
· I hate running and weightlifting.
· I am not a country music fan, but my cowboy boots are the most comfortable footwear I own.
3. 11 Questions from GunDiva
1. What is your passion? Setting aside God, wife, and daughter, it’d have to be guns.
2. If you could do anything you wanted for the rest of your life, without having to think about money, what would it be? Travel the world and help people along the way.
3. What is your guilty pleasure? Reading a book in a quiet place with no distractions.
4. Favorite book ever? Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
5. Favorite movie ever? The Godfather
6. Have you ever met anyone famous? That all depends on your definition of famous. I got to interview Brad Davis from the Dallas Mavericks when I was in middle school for a class project. I have met a few other pro sports players after their playing days were over and they had moved on to other careers. Other than that, I wouldn’t say that I’ve met anyone impressively famous. There have been several people that I have met and/or known who were important for one reason or another. I once knew a man who survived the Bataan Death March in WWII who has since passed away. I met a Holocaust survivor once.
7. Who would you like to meet (living or dead, real or fictional) and why? That’s a pretty long list. At the top would have to be Jesus Christ followed by Leonardo DaVinci, Nicola Tesla, Kelly Johnson (longtime head of aircraft design at Lockheed) and Benjamin Franklin. Why? Because I want to pick their brains and learn from them.
8. Biggest pet peeve? Being interrupted.
9. If you won the PowerBall or Lotto and wanted to donate a chunk to a charity, which charity would it be and why? Aside from my church for the obvious reasons, I would donate to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas. They provide free medical care to children with orthopedic conditions on a referral basis regardless of the family’s ability to pay. They are funded 100% by donations, and they are the real deal.
10. Favorite place you've visited? It’s a toss up between Park City, Utah; Lake Tahoe and Holden Village in Washington state.
11. Where to you want to visit that you haven't been able to? Washington, D.C. Specifically, the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.
4. 11 Questions for the blogs I nominate:
· Who is your favorite author and why?
· What is your favorite adult beverage?
· Which Biblical verse (or other spiritual text quote) is the most meaningful to you and why?
· What’s the coolest, bestest, most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
· What is your favorite weapon and why?
· What is your favorite sport in which to participate (watching it on TV from the sofa does not count)?
· At what event (past, present, real or fictional) would you want to be present and why?
· What is the weirdest food combination that you like at which others raise an eyebrow?
· What is your biggest hypocrisy or double standard?
· What was your first car and would you own it again?
· Which unfulfilled dream of yours do you most want to achieve in your lifetime and why?
5. 11 Blogs I want to nominate:
· Kymber at *Framboise Manor*
· The Redneck Engineer
· Heroditus Huxley at The Anti-Soma
· Senior at Senior’s Mess
· Odysseus at By Other Means
· Bob S. at 3 Boxes of BS
· Keads at Another Day…
· Captain Tightpants at I Aim To Misbehave
The last three positions are unfilled as most everyone else I know either already has the award or has more than 200 followers. If you don't see your name above and you have less than 200 followers, consider yourself nominated.
6. Notify the recipients. I’m not going to everyone’s page to let them know ‘cause I’m lazy like that. Most of them read here anyway. Consider yourselves notified.