Friday, May 12, 2023

Food Allergies

Wound up with a monster migraine earlier this week which is taking its sweet time releasing its strangle hold on my brain. Generally, my migraines are triggered by food allergies. Most notably gluten and dairy both of which I love with an unholy passion. So, I trekked off to see our family faithful doc who only sees me when I am suffering from a slight case of death. She proceeded to the do the voodoo she do and decreed that not only have I been indulging my gluten and dairy cravings a tad too much, but my adrenal glands are now protesting my recreational caffeine usage and coffee in particular. 

Drat. Curses. Filth, flarn and other imaginative adjectives. 

All I want RIGHT now, is Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with a shot of Espresso in a Donut Cone.

Gluten? Check!

Dairy? Check!

Coffee and Caffeine? Double Check!!

Up yours food allergies.

7 comments:

  1. I just thank God I am not allergic to peanut butter and coffee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cederq, I spent the better part of 40 years not having any issues with dairy, gluten or caffeine. Then, all of the sudden it seems, WHAM!!! My body don't recognize it any more. I'm convinced it's genetically modified and bioengineered foods.

      Delete
    2. I think you are on to something Daddy Hawk! I been hearing of others with the same timeline of symptoms.

      Delete
    3. I think you are on to something. I have heard of others with the same timeline of symptoms.

      Delete
    4. Cederq, same here. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it's a might suspicious nonetheless.

      Delete
  2. Interesting timing. Today I had 8 patches placed on my back to determine (maybe) what the heck is causing hives/ random red bumps and itching where I have never suffered any such nonsense before (now age 71). Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrapod, I hear you. Good luck finding out the source of your issues. The patch test threw my wife into a full blown seizure once upon a time. Turns out the Glutaraldehyde used by dentists as a desensitizer is no bueno for her in a big way.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.