I just thought I'd give everyone a quick update on the progress of the law school application. I received a polite email from Texas Wesleyan with a log in ID and password to monitor the status of my application which I promptly used. At the time I put in my application, LSAC had not yet sent in my credentials report as they were waiting on a couple of my recommendation letters to come in. Those came in this week, and I checked the TW site for any updates. Nothing. They are still saying my application is incomplete, but they do provide a contact person and phone number to call with any questions. Which I tried calling. Only to find out that this week is Spring Break, and the school is closed.
Grumble. Curse. Glare.
So, I'm sure they will get right on my application when they get back to the office next week.
Or they'll be hearing from a very impatient prospective student. Technology has made us an impatient lot don't you think?
In other news, since my days as a work from home wage slave are numbered, I thought I'd take a minute to reflect on some of the fringe benefits that I will miss once I pass the bar and start fighting the good fight.
1) Everday being business casual.
2) Bathrobes and slippers being considered business casual.
4) My office romance doesn't involve a co-worker and is heartily encouraged by my spouse.
5) My boss being 900 miles away.
6) Knowing exactly who ate my pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk in the freezer.
7) My office mates wearing fur coats and not having opposable thumbs.
8) Guns and ammunition within easy reach of my desk.
9) My commute lasting less than one minute and burns no fossil fuels (unless you consider flatulence from a 41 year old to be a fossil fuel).
10) Conference calls being taken in the backyard with a pitching wedge and a headset.
11) No one complaining if I take off my shoes and walk around barefoot.
12) If I want to take a nap during my lunch hour, doing so in the comfort of my own bed.
13) Shaving being optional.
14) Having the music cranked as loud as I want.
15) No thermostat wars.
16) My office being a mess and no one caring...okay, no one but The Queen caring.
17) Fur therapy anytime I want it...and sometimes that I don't.
18) Not worrying about catching the office illness de jour.
19) Cleaning my guns at work not causing a panic.