Monday, January 3, 2011

Well, That Was Disappointing

For the last several days, I've been getting emails from Sturm, Ruger & Company telling me to watch out for a big announcement about a new product offering. The emails told me to keep watching their website for the announcement to be made at 2:00PM today. 

Since this is 2011, the 100TH anniversary of the U.S. Military's acceptance of John Browning 1911 pistol, I had hopes that Ruger might finally be joining the fray and offering a 1911 style pistol.

Well, I just checked their website. No such luck. The big announcement is that they are releasing a 9mm version of their .380 LCP called the LC9. 

I am so disappointed. 

To the folks at Ruger, don't tease me that way. Ever. Poking the preacher bear is liable to get you bitten or smitten by bolts of lightning.

And while we're on the subject, would it be too much to offer a 1911 style pistol. Everyone else seems to be able to do it. Why not you?

1 comment:

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.