Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kids Say The Darnedest Things

A couple of quick vignettes to illustrate the title.

Whenever The Queen is ill, she has a tendency to try and do too much. Little things...like cleaning the house. Or taking every herb, remedy or potion known to man. I respond by urging her to rest by saying kind things like "do I have duct tape you to the bed?" or "GET IN THE BED WOMAN!!!". So, I'm at work the other day when I receive a text from The Queen saying "(M&M) said to me when we were in the bedroom 'get in bed woman!' i wonder where she got that from hmmmm????"

I, for one, have no idea where she picked that up from.

Then, yesterday on the way home from church, M&M points at the sky and says, "That's the sky." I said, "Yes, that is the sky M&M." M&M then says, very profoundly I might add, "When I'm bigger, I'm going to touch the sky," 

She's two and a half. That's the most forward thinking and complex statement I think I've heard from a kid her age. It makes me very proud. 

Now, I'm going to have to get my pilot's license current so I can help her touch the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.