Friday, December 19, 2014

Not Fishy At All

So, the job search continues. I've been getting actual face time with real live human beings here lately, and I am hopeful that one of those opportunities will turn into a real live full time job offer. The wait continues though. In the meantime, I thought I would share the most interesting job search related item to turn up in my email inbox lately.
[some strange email address from a domain that does not look secure]
4:49 PM (15 hours ago)

to me

Hello Daddy Hawk!

I have read your resume and I would like to propose you a position with our company. It is an easy job with a permanent salary in the amount of $3 000 plus commission and social insurance. We are searching for candidates who are able to support business relationship between customers located in another country.

You don't need special skills, our manager will send you a detailed description and support you by phone. To get started you'll need to create an account with any local bank to process the transactions from our clients and sign a contract with the HR Department.

You will be able to get your first money in about 5 business days. If you're enthusiastic about please contact our company by email, we will support you.

Thanks

Seems legit. What do you think?

Given the interesting grasp of the English language sentence structure and syntax, I'm guessing money laundering for drug cartels or middle man for Nigerian scammers.

Either way...just not interested.

2 comments:

  1. What? Miss out on those opportunities! Just imagine, with the drug cartel thing. Free guns from the feds in their Fast & Furious Christmas promotion. Then, get murdered and have your body dumped in a mass grave.

    Nigerian Scammers? Here is your chance to learn a foreign language AND have your bank account disappear.

    I am surprised you were able to resist the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JPD, as strange as it may seem, I chose to forego this amazing opportunity in a growth industry. I just can't abide working with the possibility of dealing with the ATF and I like my bank account just the way it is.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.