Sunday, June 9, 2013

I'd Like to Propose a Change in Election Law

It occurs to me that the American people can't seem to help but elect criminals or those of evil intent to  political office. As such, I hereby propose that election laws in this country be changed so that every politician elected to office from the smallest school board representative to the president be given a jail or prison sentence equal to their term in office. Just on general principals since it's almost impossible for politicians to keep from violating some law (or the Constitution) through evil intent, ignorance or flat out stupidity. It needs to be at least a state jail felony sentence (Federal for national public office). It should include Cabinet level positions requiring confirmation by elected representatives. Pardon eligibility would require extraordinary proof of innocence and automatically make the pardonee eligible for sainthood as the world's first honest politician. 

6 comments:

  1. I sort of liked the idea that you can't spend donor money on campaign. Every candidate for President gets x dollars of taxpayer money, a modest sum, and they spend it. Everything else is laid out in the field of debate, with moderators that do NOT work for liberal TV stations, but people like you or I.

    And I'll see that right after I fit into those size 6 pants leftover from junior high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid, I sort of like the idea that all the chairs in government offices are wired to lie detectors that trigger explosives that go off randomly. I think that'd have an effect.

      Delete
    2. Brigid,
      You fit size six pants in junior high ? I was BORN wearing size six pants ! I like the idea too, but I don't think these great ideas will catch on. The system is run by those who enter politics in order to protect their own interests, not ours.

      Delete
    3. Jane, if you were born wearing size six pants, I'd like to know what your momma was eating for nine months. You are so right about the powers that be looking out for their own self interest. That's why we need to start local. All it takes is one and the word will spread.

      Delete
  2. I have something for you...

    http://gundiva-talesfromthetrail.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-nice-surprise_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GunDiva, thanks. I hadn't seen one of those in a while. I'll get around to responding to it soon.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.