Friday, May 7, 2010

Movie Review

I finally got to see Avatar this past week. I had heard so much hype about the movie prior to actually seeing it that seeing it was almost a let down. Maybe if I had seen in IMAX 3D I would have been more impressed. That's not to say that the visuals weren't stunning as it was on my new HD TV hooked up to your basic "old style" DVD player (non-Blue Ray). There were times where you had a hard time distinguishing what was "live action" vs. animated.

As to the story/plot, I have only one thing to say which I am stealing from someone else whose identity I can't recall at the moment: "Dances With Smurfs".

3 comments:

  1. You definitely should have seen it in 3-D. We saw it just before it left theaters and I was blown away and instantly knew it would suck on a home tv. It was made specifically to be seen in 3-D so of course thats the only real way to see it. Stinks for all the people that do not own an IMAX screen at home though lol. Us little peons have to make due with a second rate version of it I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, long time no comment. Glad to see you're still around. I would love to have seen it in IMAX 3D, but our circumstances have severely limited our movie going opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, sorry about that. Been blogging on my phone, because our circumstances didn't allow home internet. For some reason the phone wouldn't let me comment. No fear, I'm internet-heavy once again and plan of commenting frequently. It's not the end of the world about Avatar. They had to know when they made it how different it would be to watch at home and they were willing to take that chance. Still, it's not a bad little movie by itself, just not jaw-dropping.

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.