Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome New Followers

For reasons that escape me, I woke up this morning, well before my alarm was to go off I might add, after last night's Fit o' Writing with an overwhelming desire to fire up the laptop and see what awaited me in Blogger Land. Seriously, I haven't even been to the necessary room for my morning constitutionals yet. I kinda just stumbled into the office looking like a freshly minted zombie letting the dogs out for their morning rounds and mumbling "Blogger"..."brains."

Not really that last part. I don't need GunDiva gettin' all zombie killer up in here.

My early morning, pre-bathroom curiosity was rewarded with something special. What was my reward you ask (or, at least, that's what I imagine my faithful followers are asking right now). I found was a new follower.

OOooooo, shiny.

I know the title kinda gave it away. Oh well.

I haven't done a new follower introduction since Mel made her appearance back in September. It's not that I'm ungrateful or anything. I've just been a bad blogger buddy. Apology accepted??

So, in an effort to redeem myself, I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce everyone to each other. For some reason, you all found your way to the same place and expressed an interest in the thoughts oozing from my "brain...must eat brains". Where did that come from? GunDiva, put it down. I'm fine. Really. Just lack of sleep.

As I was saying, your bold decision to publicly follow Preachers and Horse Thieves gives you entry into a very exclusive club. It also gives you each something in common. Might as well get to know each other.

Number 1 Follower: TxManx (AKA Ken) has been with me since the beginning. This is as it should be. Ken is my best friend, and he was the best man at my wedding to The Queen. I've known Ken almost 20 years now, and our friendship has mellowed as any good friendship is want to do over time. We've helped each other move no less than a dozen times. We have it down to a science. No. We are not available for hire. Unless there is beer and pizza involved. And it's not summer in Texas. One other thing, Ken is working on developing a photography business in case you need such services for whatever reason. Let me know, and I'll see if I can get you the buddy discount.

Number 2 Follower: Mel (actually Melanie) of One Hot Mess. Go give her a whirl and learn all about her from her blog. She was out of the blogging loop for a while as she was confined to blogging from a Blackberry (oh, the horror), but she's back to using a real computer again and promises to be more active. She claims to be a lover of Looney Tunes; and, since she goes by Mel (as in Mel Blanc...the great voice of all Looney Toon characters), I do not doubt her allegiance to Bugs and Daffy.

Number 3 Follower: Tay of ProfoundiTay. I don't know much about Tay beyond her blog as she's never taken the time to comment. She is a college student which makes her posting rather erratic. She is also on the other side of the world in South Africa. At least it's the other side of the world from my perspective. She might have different views. Your experience may vary.

Number 4 Follower: GunDiva of Just Another Perfect Day, Tales From The Trail, and Girls With Guns. GunDiva, as you might expect, likes guns. She is a prolific blogger, and I envy her ability to post almost daily. Given the fact that she runs 3 blogs, is married, with 3 teenagers, a teaching job with uncountable students, a horse, a dog, a cat, a hedgehog...you get the picture, I am amazed at her ability to crank out content. To top it off, when she's not working her own stuff, she's my most active commenter. Seriously, some of y'all need to give her a run for her money.

From here on out, don't get offended if I don't get you put down in the proper order. I may have lost track there for a while of who came into the fold when.

Number 5 Follower: Viking. I know absolutely nothing about Viking. From his profile (and I am assuming male gender here since there is no profile photo), he appears to be a blog reader but not a blog writer. He's not commented on any of the posts that I can recall. Get off the sidelines, dude. Throw a mental hand grenade into the party. I need all the help I can get.

Number 6 Follower: Earl of Noydbyah. GunDiva introduced me to Earl's blog back in February. He's been quiet lately. I hope everything is alright.

Number 7 Follower: Sean of I Aim To Misbehave. I love it that Sean is a fan of Firefly/Serenity. I mean a serious fan. From his blog title, to the quotes from the show on his site, I like it. He's also diverse in his postings which I like as well. He's another follower lurking in the shadows who needs to come out into the light of day and comment once in a while.

Number 8 Follower: Jennifer of How Did This Happen. I think she found her way to me via GunDiva, but I'm not positive. She's big into horses. Shhh. Don't tell The Queen.

Number 9 Follower: Thankful Anthony of Jesus And The Athiest, Transformation Of A Loser, and Let's Make A Deal. Anthony, welcome to P&H. We have cookies. Actually, we don't at the moment, but The Queen did bake a cake for The Preacher yesterday. Hallelujah! Can I get an Amen? Anthony, you are special because you are the last of the single digit followers. Since I know you are Biblically inclined, you will know that the last shall be first. You have also made it possible for me to hit my first milestone (double digit followers) with my next follower. Yay.

Anyway, I must go forth and get ready for work. I actually get to leave the house today and go out in public...(hooray)...which means I must shave and shower...(booo). Y'all play nice.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link sir! And I know I should comment more - seems like lately it's all I can do to keep up with reading blogs, much less commenting on them or writing my own... I'll strive to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, you are welcome. Love your blog.

    When I started blogging, I read somewhere that following and linking were the "currency" of the blogosphere. It's good to drop some coin here and there now and then.

    I know exactly what you mean about keeping up with the reading much less commenting. I read as much as I can and comment when I have something to add which is about 30% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called Earl; he'll be by today.

    You made me blush, you said such nice things about me. The reality is that, rather like Stephen King (in a very, very abstract, not-at-all-like him kind of way), I have diarrhea of the word processor. I was very writerly frustrated (that's like sexually frustrated, but not) before I found blogging. Now I've got lots of different outlets and semi-immediate feedback, unlike waiting for the blankity-blank publisher to get back to me.

    Now, I'm gonna go check out some of your other followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GunDiva. You know Earl personally? Intneresting. I keep promising myself that I will adventure forth and seek out in person meetings with some of my bloggy buddies, but it ain't happened yet.

    I, too, was once afflicted with diarrhea of the word processor. Years of handling claims has helped me gain a sense of brevity when necessary; but, sometimes, a good dump is cathartic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's just say that Earl is the alter-ego to someone very near and dear to my family's life (no, he's not the RockCrawlinChef), but I'll give you a hint...his horse's ears look like devil horns...and his wife doesn't know about noydbah (the whole alter-ego thing).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I know the secret identity of whom you speak. As I recall, if I am correct, he made a comment on the mid life crisis list under his true ID.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for understanding about the "blackberry confinement" issue...it was awful. You keep writing and I'll keep reading, and laughing, and commenting, and following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel, I must be understanding. Without readers and followers, I'm just venting my thoughts to a vacuum or empty cyberspace as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.