Thursday, February 17, 2011

Diarrhea of the Word Processor

One of my job duties as a claims adjuster is to monitor trials on claims. I was recently asked to monitor a case for another adjuster on my team. As part of monitoring the trial, I have to summarize the day's events for the other adjuster, our boss, and our boss' boss so that they can keep their bosses apprised of the developments. 

Since none of those folks are present and accounted for at the trial, I consider it my duty and obligation to provide them with as much information as possible. This is also my one opportunity to send a ration of crap BACK UP the hill.

So, after 6 hours of testimony today for which I took 9 pages of hastily scribbled long hand notes, I just wrote 8 pages and 4500 words worth of single spaced, 12 point type trial summary JUST FOR TODAY ALONE.

You'll have to pardon me if the blogging is a little light over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would rather be flogged with a wet noddle, than have to take notes on anything...

    just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Daddy, I can understand your sentiment. I think I wrote over 10,000 words for the three days of trial that I summarized. I would have gotten close to 15,000, but I didn't bother to summarize Friday since we got a favorable verdict.

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.