Friday, May 13, 2011

And The Beating Continues...

If it weren't for the fact that Blogger was completely toast until a few minutes ago, I would have posted this last night. I called Texas Wesleyan again yesterday since there is still no word on the whereabouts on their decision regarding my application. I was again told that the admissions cycle for new students does, in fact, end today. I was also informed that decisions were being pushed out last night. At least, the first batch of decisions. Apparently, they had so many applications that they had to split it up into more than one batch. I was advised that if I didn't receive a decision by today, that it would definitely be sometime next week. Where have we heard that before?

When I asked how many applications they had received, I was told that they had received about 2000. I have no idea if this is normal or not, but I do think it should have been possible to get a decision out on mine sooner than 7 weeks. It's not rocket science. It's simple really. 35 business days. You only have to look at 57 a day which is about 7 an hour. Some applications don't take that long to read because they are clearly not law school material. The crayon gives them away. Those with perfect LSAT scores are probably quick reads too.

I can see them spending a little more time on my application. My resume was a whopping two pages long. I had four, one page letters of recommendation, the explanation about my academic probation, my personal statement, school transcripts and the application itself: 20 pages of material total. If that much. Seriously, how long does it take to read 20 pages? Especially when you really only need to carefully read about 5 or 6 pages of that. You'd think it's Dostoyevsky the way they've been dragging things out.

Oh well. I'll continue to sit here patiently fuming in my own distracted misery. Don't mind me. It's good training for our upcoming Obamacare wait times.

3 comments:

  1. I have some not very nice words for that law school right about now. This is ridiculous. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GunDiva, I'm suffering in silence...while cleaning my guns.

    Lawyer, I suppose you could say that.

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.