Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Love My Wife

A brief text exchange between myself and The Queen as she went out for an after dark exercise walk.

Me: Be careful

The Queen: It is well lit and there are people on the playground area.

Me: Okay. Good. God protects. But it always helps to be aware.

The Queen: Naw. I don't think I will be aware.

Me: And you wonder why I want long range rifles...so I can protect you from afar.

The Queen: LOL, You are so heroic.

Me: Nothing says "stay away from my wife" like a .308 in the ear.

The Queen: LOL. Awww so protective.

Me: That's my job. Is what I vowed on our wedding day. Well, not the .308 in the ear exactly, but the general concept of get off my wife.;)

8 comments:

  1. Did you beat your chest a little bit, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GunDiva, is possible. There might have been a caveman grunt or two as well.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, sweet. I love to know a man who loves his wife! Still, I would kind of like her to not take any risks with her safety:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I decide to ever get married again I am SO going to add the .308 into the vows (though he might add something in there about reloading).

    The Queen is very, very lucky, but I'm sure she knows that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid, I'd be happy to assist in preparation of any vows and performance of the ceremony. There could be a field test involved. Something like: "you may kiss the bride after after you hit the 10 inch gong at 500 yards."

      Delete
  4. After 33 years with an abusive husband, it took Stud three years to convince me to give him a chance. I wasted one entire year of newlywed bliss waiting for him to hit me, or hurt me. He never did. So, one year was wasted by me fearing the other shoe hitting the floor (or me).

    Eleven years later, we tell each other every day: "I'm SO happy." It's the best way to say "I LOVE YOU". I also have to thank him for having the patience of a saint where saving a damsel in distress was concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotta joy, welcome. I am sorry that you had an abusive man. I try to be a better man in the small hopes of balancing the scales a bit. I am glad you finally found a good one, and I hope you enjoy many good years together.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.