Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday Funnies - The Frozen Wasteland Edition

 Y'all...this week has been no fun at all. Everyone in Texas was hit hard with record low temps, snow and ice. To add insult to injury, the power grid crapped out and water pipes froze left and right leaving many without water, heat or power. So, in honor of all who survived, I salute you. 

We've burned everything that can be burned. 


My wife has a friend list over 1000. Me...not so much. If you are connected to me on FaceBook, you mean something to me. 

If you don't get this joke, we need to work on your cultural development.


I could let the green and yellow paint slide, but the  pipes and tractor tires got to go.

THIS is why some repair jobs take me double and triple the time of a pro.

Didn't even watch the commercials this year. 




The Rabbi was stuck in traffic.







I ever see Phil...Imma have me a new set of slippers.

To all y'all in colder climates, try it. I dare you.


2 comments:

  1. Ya know, Texas has had cold winters before... not my circus if they design houses and lifestyles around heat and A/C. If we Northerners had none of the list, believe me we would invite them post haste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cederq, that's the thing. This was a "once in a lifetime" artic blast event. It's not the coldest I've ever been (Chicago in January at -16 not including wind chill), but it came darn close. This is first time in my half century in Texas that we actually had a frozen pipe in the house. It was bitterly cold out for over a week. There was not a stick of firewood to be found for sale anywhere accessible (sure...Joe Bob would sell you a few cubic feet at highway robbery prices...if you could get there from here). We were blessed not to lose power or heat (gas furnace), but we did lose water pressure for most of a day. I will give Kudos to my fair city. They did a tremendous job of managing the crisis and keeping the water flowing. We went on a boil order for about 3 days which less than surrounding cities. My sister...the Devil who lives in a suburb north of Dallas did not fare nearly as well. That 'burb is supposed to be known for their city planning.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.