Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday Funnies

 

I am pretty sure The Queen's SUV has been sending up signals that the end is nigh for a while now. I just replaced a camshaft position sensor, and now it appears that the other CPS is feeling neglected.  I still need to source some replacement body parts to repair the collision damage from last year, the interior needs a good detailing plus the driver's seat recovered,....


The Battleship Texas (BB-35) is the last Dreadnought class battleship left in the world. At over 100 years old, she is long overdue for a restoration. The above photo was taken by a photographer a day or two ago as it was pulled into dry dock in Galveston, TX for the first time since 1990. I am a  huge engineering nerd, and I have toured her before many years ago. I would love a chance to visit her in dry dock and get a close up look below the water line. 

This is truth. I have an uneducated thumb when it comes to growing things, and any animals we acquire get named and fed for the rest of their natural lives. I am a good cook though, and I will build anything when given enough time and materials. 

One of these days, I need to do an uber post on my thoughts about this whole push for EVs. Spoiler alert: I don't they think the technology is ready for prime time, and they are nowhere near as environmentally friendly as the political class would have us believe. 

The line from the song (for the uninitiated or too young) is "My Maserati does 185. I lost my license. Now I don't drive."


Some of y'all need to chill the heck out with this pumpkin spice nonsense. When y'all came for the beer, you took it too far. 

This is an almost daily conversation with M&M







The Wonder Mutts once again proving that they are inseparable. 
No lie! Them suckers are huge, hungry and EVERYWHERE right now. 


Before any easily offended people flip the **bleed out** and race to their safe space to hyperventilate into a paper bag or ask to speak to a manager or whatever you kids do these days, this is a Snap On tool truck. I've never been in one, but they are notorious for stalking repair shops everywhere to sell expensive "professional grade" tools to knuckle dragging mechanics. You have the choice to pay cash now or open an account and carry a balance to make easy payments. Some guys get deep into the payments with these trucks. Stay off the tool trucks. Unless free tacos are involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.