Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blog Carnival Award

I think it was Sunday evening when I received the email from Monda at Easy Street Prompts (http://easystreetprompts.blogspot.com/) telling me that "I Speak Thingie" had been selected as an Editor's Pick in the September Blog Carnival. I'm still hyperventilating into a paper bag and laying awake in bed in the middle of the night thinking "Holy keyboards, Batman. What next?" Stunned doesn't quite seem to cover it. Floored, maybe? How do you sum up disbelief, validation, redemption, elation and a whole legion of emotions into one word?

I will probably be geeking out about this for at least another week. So, if you know me personally or have the misfortune of being related to me, I apologize in advance for the radiant smile and the constant murmuring of "I can't believe it."

So, to Monda who had to wade through an unknown number of submissions to narrow it down to the 9 selections I say simply: Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, tell me your favorite liquor and where to send it, thank you, gracias, danke, thank you.....

To my fellow award winners, congratulations. You all ROCK!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the award! I loved your post, as I speak "Thingie" fluently. Now if everyone else could just figure it out.

    I've joined as a follower (you're up to four!) and am really enjoying reading your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.