Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Liberty Cookbook

I have mentioned a time or two my grandmother's Victory Cook Book which is an heirloom of shared custody between My Sister...The Devil and I. The cook book had been in MS...TD's custody in recent years before, inexplicably, turning up at Mimi's house. I took the opportunity during recent visit at Mimi's to take a few photos of it to share. 


The cover has seen better days and is no longer attached to the binding...which is also MIA. 


My favorite page in the entire book. The much celebrated Cinnamon Cookie recipe. 



I love these sections as they give a window into life during WWII. Can you imagine feeding a family today on $15 a week? The mind boggles. 

1 comment:

  1. I have my mom's old Amish cookbook that she prepared a lot of meals for our family growing up. I have four sisters that did not want the cookbook, figure that! My brother and I had to flip a coin as to who got it. I do copy some recipes and send them to him as his wife is an excellent cook. Sometimes I wish our society mores would allow two brothers to be married to the same woman... she is that a good of a cook!

    ReplyDelete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.