Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Custom Guns?? Sort of??

Once upon a time, General George Patton was quoted as saying that "Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." I shudder to think what the good general would have said had he seen these disasters.




I have nothing against a nice custom gun, but I'm not paying a premium for an otherwise stock Glock or 3-4 times the normal price for a Mil Spec Springer with MIM parts just because it's gold. ESPECIALLY because it's gold. 

To each their own I suppose. I realize there must be a market for this sort of thing; but, for the life of me, I can't figure out who would want one of those.  

4 comments:

  1. I might buy one of these...but only if there was a substantial discount over an unmolested version. On the other hand, I know someone who would prefer a Taurus with gold plated accents over a similar higher quality gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sevesteen, it would have to be a pretty steep discount for me to consider it. As for the person who prefers a Taurus with gold plated accents, I'm sure we all know people with mental health issues. They should be treated with compassion and not allowed near live ammunition.

      Delete
  2. I could never do that. If I owned a gun it would be used and look like it. Sadly the canoe flipped over a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BearClaw, I hear you. I'm the kind of guy that would have bought the one of a kind Colt 100TH Anniversary 1911 and immediately taken it to the range.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.