Tuesday, February 22, 2022

We Might Need a 12 Step Program...

...for Animal Lovers. Pets Anonymous or something. Saturday night, we went out for dinner with some friends from church. After dinner, we went for a walk around a local shopping / entertainment area called Grandscape. As we watched the kids play, someone came up with a shopping cart and proceeded to unload a bin full of puppies onto the green space at the central stage pavillion area. Five Pit Bull puppies. Of course every kid and not a few adults within 100 feet flocked around the pups. M&M was in the thick of things and was seen cuddling something squirmy and furry with her best "Daddy can I have it?" puppy dog eyes. 

The wife of the couple that had the puppies asked me if I wanted to hold one, and I replied "No thank you. I have a weakness and way too many animals at home." They were cute pups though. 

Snow: "If I fits, I sits. Right?"

Graycie was very proud of herself for pinning M&M

Graycie was not too pleased with the hat at first...

...until she discovered an alternate use.

Hi Dad...you still love me right? You haven't petted me in 15 seconds.

A rare peaceful line up in close proximity

Tinkle is such a shameless ball of fluff





6 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful furry family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bigus, thank you. I realized after posting this that Tater Tot (Netherland Dwarf Rabbit) and Chester (Snow's brother) were left out of the line up.

      Delete
  2. My wife, and I, only allow fish for our pets. She wants some chickens, but I'm trying to urge her from the want. We both have said goodbye to too many of our cherished family members over the years, and I really don't have it in me to do so again.

    We do have the in-law's dogs that come to visit. They will arrive on the porch, find their comfortable place on the outdoor furniture, and bask in the warm sun. We keep them water, and always have some doggy treats on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, we did fish for a while, but I just don't get the appeal of fish. I do totally understand about saying goodbye to our cherished family members. I've got seven to say goodbye to now. M&M insists that she wants a horse. We all have an insane desire for a Flemish Giant Rabbit when we lighten the load up a bit. Did I mention we have a weakness?

      Delete
  3. A fine furry menagerie! Oh Jess, I feel sorry for you, an older adult dog or cat that will not be adopted would make a fine companion for however long they may live. Sure a year or three, but what a difference to them being in a loving home. Believe me, you will have enough space in your heart to go with the eventual heartache to love again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cederq, I'm not sure how fine they are, but there is certainly fur everywhere here.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.