Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Evil Snek

In a comment earlier, I mentioned to Cederq about my mother's property being an apparent singles bar for copperhead snakes looking to mate. They are everywhere. Why is this a problem you ask?


THIS is why. At a quick glance, can you see that sneaky sumb*tch??? It was hiding out in dead leaves under the metal fire pit we were removing that was disintegrating into a crumbling mess of ferrous oxide (aka "rust"). Hell yeah it scared the daylights out of me. They are ill tempered and quick to strike. While not usually fatal to adults, they are dangerous to kids and pets. And it would ruin your day to get bit by one no matter how you slice it. Word has it that they exude a strong sulphur/rotten egg smell which just proves that they are minions of Satan. 

We have a simple rule here at Annabelle Acres regarding copperheads: Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. 

I've killed two so far this summer alone. The first was the one in the picture above. The second was one that I discovered at the steps to the RV AFTER I had already stepped over it once unawares. I pretty much had a full body shiver both times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.