Thursday, January 5, 2023

Same Stuff, Different Year

 I'd say I'm sorry for the lack of posting here of late, but I've misplaced my stash of apologies. Truth be told, the muse went walkabout after a late night argument a while back and hasn't been seen in many a moon. There was an illegible post card from Matamoras, Mexico that came in not too long ago. The only words I could make out were Mezcal and Burro. I'm not sure I even want to know what that's about. I suppose I should be thankful that there was no request for bail money or Mordita from a Mexican jail. So, there's that. 

I wish I could say that I am optimistic about the arbitrary time period known as 2023, but it's not off to a great start which is only feeding my cynicism. National politics are an absolute Festival of Flung Fertilizer. It's looking like we may wind up with a historic first in the Speaker of the House Race. Not sure which way that wind is going to blow, but I am reasonable sure it'll smell like a turd. 

I'm going to try to experiment with different ways to get my creative juices flowing....maybe interview a new muse or two. Hopefully, I can shake off the cobwebs and make some progress. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The elusive muse... I too, have watch her sashay away and hard to find at times, why I steal from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CederQ, my didn't so much sashay away as she stormed out in rage that would have made the Tasmanian Devil pause and take notice.

      Delete

I am not easily offended. Please feel free to express your opinions: good, bad or indifferent. Basically, the "Golden Rule" applies. You get what you give. Treat others like trash here, and your comments will be trashed accordingly. Rudeness and vulgarity will not be tolerated.